SourceView Reader Ver 3.6X
1. This will download and install SVReader v3.6X, and * Optionally open the SourceView ™ Master Menu.
Microsoft Internet Explorer users
a. After user clicks on link, File Download window opens, select ‘Run this program from it’s current location’. This will download and execute the install program. This file has been virus checked using Norton AntiVirus 4.0.
b. Once download is complete, the SVReader install begins. It will give the user several options, just accept the defaults. Click on install. The install program will create a program window with an icon for SourceView ™. Click exit after install is complete. *There is an option that allows the user to ‘Launch application after successful installation’, and takes the user to the Master Menu.
c. The next time that you click on an Internet SVD, choose ‘Open’ or ‘Run this program from its current location’. This will initiate interactive viewing.
Netscape Navigator/Communicator users
a. After user clicks on SVReader link, ‘Save File’ window opens, save this file to your local hard drive. (You can choose ‘New Folder’ and create a new folder to download this to.) When download is complete, ‘Find’ the SV_inst.exe file with Windows Explorer & double click that file. This will execute the install program.
b. The SVReader install begins. It will give the user several options, you can just accept the defaults. Click on install. The install program will run for approximately 2 minutes and then create a program window with an icon for SVReader and the Master Menu, which will only run if you are connected to the Internet. Click Exit after the installation is complete. The first time that you click on an Internet based SVD you will get a message from Netscape saying that you are trying to download an Unknown File Type. Choose Pick App, and browse to C:\SVReader, then select SVReader.exe. You can now see the images on-line.
2. Once the SVReader download & install has been done, you can now access SVD projects using only this application. SVReader is a 16-bit program, and will run on Windows 3.1, Windows 95/98 and NT.
3. To view other Internet SVD’s, click on the link and choose ‘Open’ to see the images.
The SVReader has a caching feature. It currently does not update images that have been changed or amended using the same name as the original. It is absolutely imperative that the following changes be done to your SVReader software if you expect changes to this project.
1. Open SVReader, Click Options, System Configuration, Http Setup.
2. Set all Cache options to zero (0) days. This will disable the caching features.
3. Using Windows Explorer (Win95 users) or File Manager (for Win3.1 users), delete all files and sub-directories in the C:\SVReader\SVCache directory. Don't delete the C:\SVReader\SVCache directory itself, just all the files in it and any sub-directories under it.
4. Close all programs and reboot your computer.